- Fun kayaking activity along Mengkabong River
- Discover the vast mangrove forest near Gayang and Karambunai Lagoon
- Enjoy Sabah's majestic sunset from Dalit Beach
- Take a sip of the homebrewed coffee at Ess Koppee Bha/r
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Discover the breathtaking beauty of a lush mangrove forest in Tuaran, just 45 minutes away from Kota Kinabalu city. Kayak along the Mengkabong River, where the surrounding mangrove forest is home to a diverse range of wildlife, as well as playing a vital role in the local ecosystem and the livelihood of the local communities.
Join the team of experienced guides on a tour of the stunning mangroves along the Mengkabong River. Paddle across the winding waterways in a leisurely kayaking session, taking in the sights and sounds of the lush surroundings. Throughout the activity, you will pass by the local sea gypsy settlement at Gayang Village, Emann Island campsite, and Karambunai Lagoon for a complete walkthrough of the area. As the sun begins to set, witness the beauty of a Sabah sunset up close and personal at the tranquil Dalit Beach, where you can take gorgeous photos of the surrounding nature.
After your exciting kayaking adventure, head over to Ess Koppee Bha/r café for your complimentary drink. Savour the flavours of the refreshing brew of local coffee while reflecting on the beauty of the natural world you have just experienced at Mengkabong River.
What To Wear
- Comfortable t-shirt
- Short pants
- Sandals / water shoes
What To Bring
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- UV-protective gloves
- Change of clothes
- Personal toiletries
- Drinking water
- A safety briefing will be conducted before the activity to ensure your safety.
- For safety reasons, you must always wear your life jacket.
- Any damage to the property caused by the guests will be charged as a replacement cost.
- Pregnant women or guests with chronic/serious illnesses are not allowed to join the activity.
- In case of rough/unsuitable weather conditions, the booking will be postponed accordingly.
How to Book Tickets
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Ticket Date
Choose Ticket Option
Select Local Supplier
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.