- Venture into unexplored and hidden caves and waterfalls
- Stretch yourself for a 800-feet climb up to Batu Punggol
- Camping in the wild under the stars
- Stay with the local in a traditional homes
- Murut cultural dance performance
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Select Local Operator
Discover the Borneo ultimate adventure with an intense 3-day trip to an off the beaten track at Orou Sapulot, perfect for naturalists and adventure seekers alike. Explore the hidden Pungiton caves and take a refreshing dip at Vangkaakon Waterfall. Challenge yourself to a 800-feet climb to Batu Punggol, a limestone pinnacle and be awed by its stunning view showcasing the surroundings of Sapulut. Hop on a handmade wooden boat that will be your main modes of transportation and get swept away as if you were being taken back in time to experience the rural living in the midst of a remote rainforest.
Spend your nights at Pungiton Camp, situated along the fringes of the river, with the minimum necessities of clean and comfortable facilities. Be admired by the Murut culture as you watch the traditional dance performance and taste a locally produced rice wine.
What to Wear
- Comfortable and good trekking shoes
- Cooling T-shirt
- Long/short pants
What to Bring
- Extra change of clothes
- Extra trekking shoes
- Sandals or Flip Flops
- Leech socks
- Waterproof bags
- Headlamps and torchlights
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- Insect repellent
- Raincoat / umbrella
- Toiletries (However, basic toiletries such as Bath Gels, Hair Shampoo & Toilet Paper will be provided during your stay)
- Extra cash (no ATM)
- Camera and extra batteries (ideally waterproof)
- Sense of Adventure
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Activities are subject to weather conditions, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations.
- We do not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- Foreign tourists will be required to pay a flat rate of MYR 10 Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) per room per night regardless of accommodation star level. The TTx is to be paid upon check-in.
- Basic necessities including Towels, Bedding & Blankets will be provided during your stay.
- Food is prepared locally by the local people, so there are limitations if you have special dietary requirements.
- Bringing along a sleeping bag is not necessary, but you may do so for extra comfort.
- Climbing Batu Punggol can be quite challenging and is not recommended if you are unfit or have a fear of heights.