- Discover unique wildlife, including binturong, clouded leopard, deers, slow loris, civets and hornbills
- 2 nights safaris at INIKEA forest to see the endemic species of Borneo nocturnal animals
- 1 morning safari to observe the beautiful flora and fauna
- 1 afternoon walk with a forest ranger to learn more about INIKEA forest and the surrounding ecosystem
- Optional add-on afternoon safari
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Are you ready to embark on an adventure like no other? Come and discover the lush rainforest of Sabah at INIKEA forest! Located only 2.5 hours from Tawau town, this 18,500 hectares conservation area is a sanctuary for some of the most unique and rare wildlife species in Sabah.
Take part in the night safari as you ride on the back of an open truck, with your experienced nature guide as the spotter. As you listen closely to your guide's expert insights, you will witness the thriving nocturnal wildlife that has become part of the excellent ecosystem at INIKEA forest. Be prepared to spot the elusive Sunda clouded leopard, the adorable binturong (bearcat), and the captivating slow loris.
But the adventure doesn't stop there. During the day, you will have the opportunity to take part in an afternoon nature walk and see Borneo's magnificent wildlife in its natural habitat. This is the perfect opportunity for nature lovers and adventurers alike to discover Sabah's wonderful flora and fauna that cannot be found anywhere else.
About INIKEA Forest
The Innoprise-Ikea (INIKEA) forest rehabilitation project is a joint initiative between the Sabah government's Innoprise Corporation and IKEA Southeast Asia. Aiming to provide sustainable livelihoods for local communities, the restoration efforts include tree planting, habitat restoration, and biodiversity conservation.
What to bring
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- Mosquito repellent
- T-shirts / Long-sleeved shirts and trousers
- Binoculars (optional)
What to wear
- Loose clothing
- Outdoor shoes
- Leech socks
- Rates are shown on a Per Person basis.
- All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- This tour package is based on a join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed.
- All activities are subject to weather conditions.
- All pictures shown may vary depending on the tour provider.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic conditions and hotel distance. Should there be any delay, please call the telephone number stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- You are advised to bring your own binoculars to visually enhance your experience of viewing Borneo's endemic wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Tips are never expected but will always be appreciated.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.