Quick. Confirmed within 1 working day
Safe. Provided by licensed operators
Just Go. Available for solo traveller
Convenient. No credit card fees!
- Climb Malaysia's tallest mountain, Mount Kinabalu and marvel at the Low's Peak Summit @4095 metres asl.
- Join via Ferrata Walk The Torq activity when you descend back from the summit.
- Stay in Pendant Hut Dormitory @3,272m asl.
- Breakfast, dinner & supper provided during your stay.
- Self-arrange your climb permit, mountain guide, insurance and transportation.
Choose Your Activity
No credit card fees
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Breakfast, Dinner, Supper
1 Night Accommodation
Hotel Pick-Up & Drop-Off (Shared)
All Entrance Fees, Taxes & Services Charges, Climb Permit Fee, Tourism Tax
Equipments Rental, Personal Travel Insurance, Climb Insurance, Any Item(s) / Activities Not Mentioned, Personal Expenses
Preparations Before Your Climb
- Ensure that you have arranged your climb permit application, climb insurance, mountain guide services, and transportation before your climb.
- Getting to Kinabalu Park HQ. You may make your own way to Kinabalu Park HQ by self-drive, public transport (taxi or bus), or shuttle services. Click here for car rental options or shuttle services from Kota Kinabalu. Sabah Parks entrance fee applies.
- Checking Into Pendant Hut. Your booking reference number and international passport/Malaysian IC will be required for registration and check in.
- Registering at Kinabalu Park HQ for your Climb. Report and register at Mountain Torq office at Kinabalu Park HQ latest by 9am on the day of your climb.
- Applying Climb Permit & Insurance. Payment for your climb permit application and climb insurance is to be made directly at the Sabah Parks Office in Kinabalu Park HQ. A successful climb permit application must be secured in advance to your climb.
- Hiring Mountain Guide. Book and pay for a licensed Mountain Guide’s services at Sabah Parks Office, Kinabalu Park HQ. Do note that you are required to hire a licensed mountain guide to climb Mount Kinabalu.
- Getting Certificate of Achievement. You may purchase a Certificate of Achievement from Sabah Parks Office after your climb. Mountain Torq certificate will be given after you have completed the Via Ferrata activity. Payment and collection of your certificate may be done only upon completion of your climb.
What To Wear
- Waterproof backpack
- Trekking or running shoes
- Warm clothing and hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Sandals / Slippers
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
What To Bring
- Medication (painkillers, altitude sickness pill)
- Napkins and small towel
- Sunblock lotion, lip balm, plasters
- Insect repellent
- Camera with water proof bag
- Plastic bags
- Refillable water bottle
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Head torch (compulsory)
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 12 per piece prior the climb.
Important Mountain Torq Policy For Via Ferrata Climbers
- Climbers must present original passport/Identification Card for registration at Kinabalu Park HQ on the actual day of climb.
- Climbers must attend compulsory 'via Ferrata' briefing/training session in Pendant Hut between 15:00 - 16:00 (Latest Cut-off time) on the first day of climb.
- All via Ferrata activities will be conducted in groups guided by qualified Mountain Torq Ferrata trainers.
- Climbers who fail to comply with the timing will not be able to proceed with the selected Via Ferrata Teaser activity. No reimbursement shall be made.
- Your safety is our priority. Should there be any extreme weather arises, via Ferrata activity may be cancelled, No reimbursement shall be made.
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis.
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 will be imposed a fee of MYR 15/hour per guide to be paid directly to mountain guide on the spot.
- Laban Rata Resthouse does not provide boiled water for drinking/refill to climbers. Coffee & Tea will only be provided during breakfast & supper. Additional hot or cold beverages mineral water are available for purchase at the grocery counter.
- Pendant Hut provides filtered hot water for drinking/refill to climbers.
- Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) of MYR 10 per room per night will be required for foreigner to be paid upon check-in. Malaysian or permanent resident residing in Malaysia are exempted and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
- Tipping is never expected but will always be much appreciated
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.