- Comfortable Steam Train Ride
- Multiple Pit-Stops at Countryside for Photo-Taking
- Visit Local Wet Market
- Tiffin-Style Lunch
- Hotel Pickup / Drop Off
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
≻≻≻Step 1. Package Options
Step 2. Select Local Operator
Step 3. Quantity
The North Borneo Railway is an oldest running steam train featuring a British Vulcan steam locomotive. Designed for wood burning, the engine is a costly yet more sustainable form of steam.
It is refurbished to let visitors experience the nostalgic romance of the bygone era of the Colonial days of British North Borneo, allowing all passengers to discover the unique sights and sound of the countryside while passing through Sabahan villages, paddy fields, plantations and rainforest. All of these can be explored while on board vintage steam engine train.
What to Wear
- Comfortable clothing (t-shirt & pants)
- Comfortable walking shoe
What to Bring
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- Tour merchant reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Passengers are offered free seating on one of the five colonial-style train carriages.
- Each carriage accommodates 16 passengers, with a total train capacity of 80 passengers.
- Windows remain open throughout the journey to enhance the overall heritage experience.
- Tipping is never expected but will always be appreciated.