- Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Puh Jih Shih Buddhist Temple
- Sandakan Central Market
- Sim Sim Water Village
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Situated near Kinabatangan River, Sandakan is home to many Borneo’s wildlife, such as, Proboscis Monkey and Orang Utan. Tourists are invited to visit Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre where orphaned Orang Utans are being raised and protected. Take a tour into the iconic destination of “The Little Hongkong”, Sandakan City, such as, Puh Jih Shih Temple which boasts grandeur architecture overlooking scenic view of Sandakan Bay, Sandakan Central Market where the locals meet and get their fresh produce, and Sim Sim Water Village where locals stay in houses built on stilts along the sea coast.
What to Wear
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Cooling T shirt
- Long/Short Pants
What to Bring
- Light raincoat
- Insect repellent
- Sun block and hat
- Leech socks
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- We do not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- Tour merchant reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Child rate applies to children aged 3 and 11 years old. Children aged 2 and below travel free of charge.
- Please make sure that you have booked air tickets to Sandakan
- If necessary, our guide will pick you up from the Sandakan Airport with a placard bearing your name.
- Please check with the airline schedules for the timings that are most suited to your needs.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.