- Climb Malaysia's tallest mountain, Mount Kinabalu.
- Marvel at the Low's Peak Summit @4,095 metres above sea level.
- Stay in Sutera Sanctuary Lodges' Laban Rata Resthouse @3,272m asl.
- Full Board Meals provided during your stay.
- Stay one extra night at Kinabalu Park to acclimatise yourself before the climb.
- [IMPORTANT EXCLUSION] Self-arrange your climb permit, mountain guide, insurance and transportation.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Customise your Mount Kinabalu climb experience with Sutera Sanctuary Lodges. Climbing Malaysia's tallest mountain, Mount Kinabalu, has been on the bucket list of adventurers all over the world. Witness the changing of climates from tropical to alpine as you make your way up to Laban Rata Resthouse. And when you finally ascend your way up to Low's Peak Summit, you will stand in testimony to one of the most incredible views in the world. Secure your mountain lodges in advance and you can DIY the rest of the trip yourself. Just be sure to get your climb permit, mountain guide, climb insurance, transportation, and other add-on services before your climb.
Want everything already arranged for you? Skip the fuss and jump straight into the fun by joining this hassle-free All-Inclusive Mount Kinabalu Climb package.
Preparations Before Your Climb
- Ensure that you have arranged your climb permit application, climb insurance, mountain guide services, and transportation before your climb.
- Getting to Kinabalu Park HQ. You may make your own way to Kinabalu Park HQ by self-drive, public transport (taxi or bus), or shuttle services. Click here for car rental options or shuttle services from Kota Kinabalu. Sabah Parks entrance fee applies.
- Checking Into Sutera Sanctuary Lodges. Your booking reference number and international passport/Malaysian IC will be required for registration and check in.
- Registering at Kinabalu Park HQ for your Climb. Report and register at Sutera Sanctuary Lodges office at Kinabalu Park HQ latest by 9am on the day of your climb.
- Applying Climb Permit & Insurance. Payment for your climb permit application and climb insurance is to be made directly at the Sabah Parks Office in Kinabalu Park HQ. A successful climb permit application must be secured in advance to your climb.
- Hiring Mountain Guide. Book and pay for a licensed Mountain Guide’s services at Sabah Parks Office, Kinabalu Park HQ. Do note that you are required to hire a licensed mountain guide to climb Mount Kinabalu.
- Getting Certificate of Achievement. You may purchase a Certificate of Achievement from Sabah Parks Office after your climb. Payment and collection of your certificate may be done only upon completion of your climb.
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Climbers below 16 years old are considered Child and will be accompanied by a separate mountain guide.
- Do take note that your identification document (MyKad / Passport) will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Make sure to bring it along with you.
- Laban Rata Resthouse is a dormitory-style accommodation. No room heater will be provided. Limited private rooms are available upon request (subject to availability).
- Laban Rata Resthouse does not provide boiled water for drinking/refill. Complimentary coffee & tea will only be provided during breakfast & supper. However, mineral water, coffee, tea, soft drinks and other beverages are still available for purchase at the Grocery Counter (Laban Rata Resthouse).
- Foreigners are required to pay Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room/night. The TTX is to be paid upon check-in.
- Malaysians or permanent residents residing in Malaysia are exempted from TTX and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in for the exemption.
- Check-out time for Laban Rata Resthouse is 10:00AM. A late check-out fee of MYR100 per hour will incur if you check out later than 10.30AM.
- Climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 4.30PM will be imposed a fee of MYR15 per hour/guide to be paid directly to mountain guide on the spot.
- Lunch will be converted to a packed meal for all climbers who reach the local restaurant after 16:00hrs on DAY 02 (Mt Kinabalu descent).
- Only for 3D2N package: Kinabalu Park twin-share room on day 1 will be determined by the supplier, according to availability at the time of check-in.
- Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
What To Wear
- Warm clothing or long sleeves
- Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Trekking or running shoes with good grip
What To Bring
- Head torch (compulsory)
- Trekking pole (available for rent at Kinabalu Park HQ)
- Extra cash
- Waterproof backpack
- Extra clothing and socks
- Sandals / slippers
- Small towel and tissue paper
- Personal toiletries and plastic bags
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 - 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Medication such as plasters, headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Sun block, lip balm, and insect repellent
- Camera with water proof bag
- Hiring of porter services and renting of trekking pole / walking stick are available at Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Prepare small cash in local currency to pay Sabah Parks authorities for various expenses.
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR12 per piece prior climb.
- Tipping is never expected but will be much appreciated.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.