- Climb Malaysia's highest mountain, Mount Kinabalu, via Timpohon Trail.
- Catch the most breathtaking sunrise from Low's Peak Summit at 4095.2m above sea level.
- Stay 1 night above the clouds at Laban Rata Assorted Huts.
- Walk away with a Certificate of Achievement to prove that you have completed the climb.
- Perfect for Adventurers & Hikers looking for a challenge.
*It is highly recommended for you to book the 3D2N climb package to help you acclimatize to a higher altitude. Click HERE to book.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
What to Expect
Register, get your ID tag and meet your mountain guide at Kinabalu Park HQ
Hike up to the peak of Borneo's highest mountain
Enjoy the gorgeous view from above
Stay at 3272m above sea level and be mesmerized by the pillow-like clouds below
Climb up all the way to the summit for the sunrise and capture the majestic view of Mount Kinabalu
Collect your coloured Certificate of Achievement upon completing the climb
Towering at 4,095.2 metres above sea level, Mount Kinabalu is no small feat to climb as it stands unchallenged as the tallest mountain between the Himalayas and New Guinea! This UNESCO World heritage site is also renowned for its wealth of flora and fauna species, being home to an estimated 6,000 different plant species and making it one of the world's most important biological sites. Challenge yourself with this 2 Days 1 Night hike to the peak!
Before your climb, make sure you watch this Top 18 Instagram Spots while Climbing Mount Kinabalu | An Insider's Guide with Sabah Travel! to catch the latest trend in Mount Kinabalu!
What to Wear
- Warm clothing or long sleeves
- Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Trekking or running shoes with good grip
What to Prepare for Mountain Climbing
- Waterproof backpack
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch (compulsory)
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 - 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Extra cash to store your luggage at Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper
- Sunblock, lip balm, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Your friendly guide will meet you at your hotel lobby / greet you at the Airport arrival hall with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating your guide, you can call your tour operator's hotline number/s stated in your itinerary for further assistance.
- We do not recommend climbers to catch your flight on the same day you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 07:00hrs. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages with ferrata, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 06:45hrs. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 3-Day 2-Nights packages and beyond, your tour operator's transport can pick you up from either Airport OR your Hotel. Time is dependent on your arrival flight schedule. Please provide us your flight details.
- Add MYR 30 nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by your tour operator with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 1930hrs. Your tour operator will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, your tour operator can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR 450/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis (shared vehicle).
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Climbers aged 12 -16 years old are considered Child and will be accompanied by a separate mountain guide.
- This tour package brings you to Low’s Peak Summit (4095.2M).
- Climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 Hrs will be imposed a fee of MYR 15 per hour per guide to be paid directly to mountain guide on the spot.
- Do take note that your Passport/MyKad will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
- Laban Rata Resthouse does not provide boiled water for drinking/refill to climbers. Coffee & Tea will only be provided complimentary during Breakfast & Supper. However, mineral water, coffee, tea, and other hot drinks and Soft Drinks are still available for purchase at the Grocery Counter (Laban Rata Resthouse).
- Check-out time for Laban Rata Resthouse is 10:00 Hrs. Should you check out later than 10:30 Hrs, a Late Check Out Fee of MYR100/hour applies, to be paid directly on the spot.
- Effective as of 1st September 2017, the Tourism and Culture Ministry of Malaysia will be implementing a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX). Foreign tourists will be required to pay a flat rate of MYR 10 per room per night regardless of accommodation star level. The TTX is to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents residing in Malaysia are exempted from TTX and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in for the exemption.
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 12 per piece prior climb.
- Tipping is never expected but will be much appreciated.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.