- Conquer Malaysia' tallest mountain at Mount Kinabalu via Timpohon Trail.
- Climb to the mountain's highest point at Low's Peak Summit.
- Stay an extra night at Kinabalu Park HQ to acclimatise yourself before the climb.
- Get certificate of achievement once you have completed the climb.
- Have a brief stopover at Nabalu handicraft market to buy local snacks, fruits and souvenirs.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Mount Kinabalu, the tallest mountain in Southeast Asia and to the Kadazan Dusun tribe of Sabah, the sacred resting ground of their ancestors' spirits. For many years, Mount Kinabalu has been on the bucket list of climbers all over the world and by embarking on this 3 day 2 night, you will get to experience Mount Kinabalu unlike any other. Marvel at the handmade souvenirs and homegrown local produce and fruits sold by friendly local natives. Witness the changing of climates from tropical to alpine as you make your way up to Laban Rata Resthouse. And when you finally ascend your way up to Low's Peak Summit, you will stand in testimony to one of the most incredible views in the world.
If you are tight on time, you can choose the 2D1N Mount Kinabalu package and climb immediately once you arrive at Kinabalu Park HQ.
What to Wear
- Warm clothing
- Long sleeve shirts
- Hiking pants
- Jacket / Wind breaker
- Warm gloves and winter hat
What to Bring
- Medication e.g. headache or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sunblock lotion, lip balm, band-aids
- Insect repellent
- Camera with waterproof case
- Sandals / slippers
- Plastic bag
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Your friendly guide will meet you at your hotel lobby / greet you at the Airport arrival hall with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating your guide, you can call your tour operator's hotline number/s stated in your itinerary for further assistance.
- We do not recommend climbers to catch your flight on the same day you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 07:00hrs. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages with ferrata, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 06:45hrs. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 3-Day 2-Nights packages and beyond, your tour operator's transport can pick you up from either Airport OR your Hotel. Time is dependent on your arrival flight schedule. Please provide us your flight details.
- Add MYR 30 nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by your tour operator with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 1930hrs. Your tour operator will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, your tour operator can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR 450/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- Effective 1st April 2019, Day 1 accommodation for this package will be based on a Run-of-House (ROH) basis, meaning the rooms given will be determined by the provider, according to availability at the time of check-in. A private Twin-Share room will be arranged in any accommodation within Kinabalu Park.
- A fee of MYR 15 per hour per guide will be imposed on climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 hours. This fee will need to be paid to the mountain guide on the spot.
- Please take note that your passport for international climbers and IC for domestic climbers will be required for verification when registering at the Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Check-out time for Laban Rata Resthouse is at 10:00 hrs so should you check out later than 10:30 hrs, a Late Check Out Fee of MYR100/hour will apply and will need to be paid on the spot.
- Under the regulation of Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists will be required to pay Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians and permanent residents are exempted from the TTX, they are required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated and shows your support for the mountain guides.
- Drinking boiled water or refill is not provided for climbers at Laban Rata Resthouse. Complimentary coffee and tea will only be provided during Breakfast & Supper. However, you may wish to purchase mineral, soft drinks, and other hot drinks at the Grocery Counter at Laban Rata Resthouse.
- Hot water for drinking or refill is provided for climbers at Pendant Hut.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.