- Ascend Malaysia's tallest peak, Mount Kinabalu, via the Timpohon Trail
- Witness the awe-inspiring sunrise from the summit of Low's Peak, towering at 4095.2 meters above sea level
- Experience an overnight stay amidst the clouds at Panalaban Base Camp
- Earn a Certificate of Achievement as evidence of your successful climb
- Ideal for thrill-seekers and hiking enthusiasts seeking an adventurous challenge
- Choose from various packages, including Standard, Budget or Mountain Torq Via Ferrata packages
- Click HERE to view the Differences Between Mount Kinabalu Climb Packages
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
What to Expect
Arrive in Kinabalu Park HQ.
Register, get your ID tag and meet your mountain guide at Kinabalu Park HQ.
A short briefing with your assigned mountain guide will provide you with essential information about your climb, safety procedures, and answer any questions you may have.
Start your hike at Timpohon Gate.
Hike up to Panalaban Base Camp.
Panalaban Base Camp. Check in to your accommodation, i.e. Laban Rata Resthouse / Panalaban Assorted Huts / Pendant Hut (Via Ferrata climbers only).
Laban Rata Restaurant serves warm dinners for climbers.
Ascend to Mount Kinabalu summit before dawn. Arrive at Sayat-Sayat Checkpoint before cutoff time, between 4:30AM - 5:00AM.
Upon reaching the summit, embrace the early sunshine and take some pictures.
Descend to Panalaban Base Camp. Breakfast and check-out from accommodation. Laban Rata Resthouse and Panalaban Assorted Huts check-out time is 10:00AM.
Arrive at Timpohon Gate before 4:30PM and collect the certificate of achievement.
[Via Ferrata Packages] On ascent day, arrive at Panalaban Base Camp and check in to Pendant Hut for a briefing between 3:00PM - 4:00PM.
Ascend to Mount Kinabalu summit before dawn. Arrive at Sayat-Sayat Checkpoint before cutoff time, between 4:30AM - 5:00AM. Descend and arrive at Via Ferrata activity starting point by 7:15AM (WTT) or 6:30AM (LPC).
[Via Ferrata Packages] Walk The Torq activity (430m).
[Via Ferrata Packages] Low's Peak Circuit activity (1.2km).
[Via Ferrata Packages] Descend to Panalaban Base Camp. Breakfast and check-out from Pendant Hut. Check-out time is 12:00PM.
[Via Ferrata Packages] Arrive at Timpohon Gate before 4:30PM and collect certificates of achievement (Mount Kinabalu climb and Via Ferrata).
LIVE real-time information on the availability of Mount Kinabalu climb slots. Instant book online to secure your climb permit right away. This is the easiest way to book a Mount Kinabalu climb package. Select your preferred climb package and click on "Book Now". Your reservations will be confirmed within 24 hours.
Please note that the availability of climb slots and live rates may change and fluctuate from time to time. If you are still deciding which climb package to choose, view the Mount Kinabalu Climb Package differences HERE.
Achieve the ultimate Borneo adventure with a climb up Malaysia's highest peak, Mount Kinabalu! Standing at 4,095.2 meters above sea level, this UNESCO World Heritage Site offers a challenging trek to Low's Peak. Witness the changing of climates from tropical to alpine as you make your way for an overnight stay at Laban Rata Base Camp. And when you finally ascend your way up to Low's Peak Summit, experience the pinnacle of Mount Kinabalu's beauty early in the morning.
For an extra dose of excitement, go for Southeast Asia's only via Ferrata, a protected pathway featuring iron rungs, bridges, and cables. There are two routes to choose from: the beginner-friendly Walk The Torq Circuit and the challenging Low’s Peak Circuit. Both routes offer a thrilling adrenaline rush that will leave you with unforgettable memories of the iconic mountain.
Mount Kinabalu promises an unparalleled adventure that combines the thrill of conquering Southeast Asia's highest peak and the wonderful discovery of the diverse ecosystem. So gear up and pre-book your climb permit with SabahTravel.com now!
- Trekking / running shoes with good grip
- Warm clothing
- Long sleeves shirt
- Hiking pants
- Jacket / Wind breaker
- Warm gloves and winter hat
Things You Should Bring
- Medication e.g. headache or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sunblock lotion, lip balm, band-aids
- Insect repellent
- Camera with waterproof case
- Sandals / slippers
- Plastic bags
Things You Should Know
- Please take note that accommodation will be of the most basic, with 15 people to an unheated room in a dormitory.
- It is advisable that you get yourself medically checked before going for any mountain climb. It is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing if you have medical condition, such as, heart disease, diabetes, severe anemia, arthritis, choric asthma, hepatitis, or any other disease which may affect the climber.
- Boiled water is NOT provided for drinking or refill to climbers at Laban Rata Resthouse. Complimentary coffee and tea will only be provided during breakfast & supper. However, you may wish to purchase mineral, soft drinks, and other hot drinks at the Grocery Counter at Laban Rata Resthouse.
- Hot water for drinking or refill is provided to climbers at Pendant Hut.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated and shows your support for the mountain guides.
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Your friendly guide will meet you at your hotel lobby / greet you at the airport arrival hall with a placard bearing your name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating your guide, you can call your tour operator's hotline number/s stated in your itinerary for further assistance.
- We do not recommend climbers to catch your flight on the same day you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 6:00AM - 7:00AM. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages with ferrata, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 6:00AM - 6:45AM. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- Add MYR30 nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by your tour operator with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 7:30PM. Your tour operator will ensure your possible waiting time is not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, your tour operator can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR450/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- A fee of MYR15 per hour per guide will be imposed on climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 4:30PM. This fee will need to be paid to the mountain guide on the spot.
- Please take note that your passport for international climbers and IC for domestic climbers will be required for verification when registering at the Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Check-out time for Laban Rata Resthouse is at 10:00AM. Should you check out later than 10:30AM, a Late Check Out Fee of MYR100 per hour will apply and will need to be paid on the spot.
- Under the regulation of Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists will be required to pay Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians and permanent residents are exempted from the TTX, they are required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
- Lunch will be converted to a packed meal for all climbers who reach the local restaurant after 4:00PM during your Mount Kinabalu descent.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.