Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Overview of Gaya Island Resort
Gaya Island Resort is both a luxury getaway and a conservation haven. Its opening in 2012 has since then seen the resort as part of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park's conservation area. The resort's location also does not disappoint as it faces the South China Sea and sandy white beaches with tropical rainforests surrounding it.
Rooms & Facilities
With more than 121 villas within the resort, guests can choose depending on their individual needs and budget. Each villa is decorated with a modern style and equipped with amenities to make your stay comfortable. Guests can also choose from a range of activities offered by the resort, whether it be relaxing at the spa or keeping up with their fitness at the outdoor swimming pool.
Meeting & Events
The conference room (90 sqm) is located in the centre of Gaya Island Resort, surrounded by beautifully decorated garden on the upper level. The venue can accommodate up to 100 guests and can be partitioned into two smaller rooms which makes it suitable for business meetings and private events. Audio-visual equipments will be provided upon request to maximise your event experience.
Food & Beverages
The restaurant offers guests a variety of cuisines to choose from, all coming from the Asia-Pacific region. The open kitchens cook and prepare a range of cuisines from Japanese to Western. The restaurant also has an open bakery so guests get an insight look at how the restaurant's baked goods are made.
Opens Daily from 7.00am to 10.30am, 12.00pm to 3.00pm, & 7.00pm to 10.30pm
Fisherman's cove is a restaurant that is widely acclaimed both locally and internationally. It offers only the freshest of seafood, all the while committed to practicing sustainable fishing. Much of the dishes are prepared by Chef Wai and his team, who came up with Fisherman's Cove. The restaurant welcomes everyone of all ages though there is a dress code to adhere to; gentlemen are required to wear shirts, full-length trousers, and shoes whereas ladies are required to wear smart casual.
Opens Daily from 7.00pm to 10.30pm
Omakase is a two-storey Japanese restaurant that offers guests 3 unique omakase-style dining experiences, with teppanyaki, shabu-shabu, and nabe as main courses. The dining experience is made even more pleasing by the incredible view of Malohom Bay and Mount Kinabalu, whilst being surrounded by thousand year old rainforests.
Opens Daily from 7.00pm to 10.30pm
Pool Bar & Lounge
Bedecked with modern furnishings and an infinite pool, the Pool Bar & Lounge gives guests a place to ease their stress and to indulge in a cocktail with some poolside snacks. With an incredible view of the South China Sea and the islands, guests will be given a front row seat, watching the sun setting behind Mount Kinabalu.
Opens Daily from 10.00am to 11.00pm
A 5-minute boat ride away from the resort takes guests to Tavajun Bay, with the sea breeze and tropical sun a welcoming sight. They offer fusion dishes with local and international influences, with lunch made over charcoal. The menu also changes on a daily basis. Guests are also given the option of pre-ordering a specially prepared gourmet picnic basket.
Opens Daily from 12.00pm to 5.00pm
Food and Beverages
For the kids
Not Inclusive Of
Fees & Charges
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Tourism Tax (TTX) MYR 10 per room per night is applicable for Non-Malaysian (Payable at hotel).
- A compulsory Sabah Parks conservation fee of MYR 38 on the first night and an additional of MYR 25 for subsequent night is applicable for each guest and children payable directly to the resort. The conservation fee is contributed to Sabah Parks in support of their efforts in conserving the rich ecosystem in the region.
- Peak season surcharge is applicable from 1 July 2019 - 31 August 2019 & 20 December 2019 - 5 January 2020
- A minimum of 3 nights stay is required from 20 Dec 2019 - 5 Jan 2010 & 24 Jan 2020 - 2 Feb 2020.
Child Policy and Third Person
- No third adult is accepted in the villa except for Suria Suite
- Maximum occupancy per villa is 2 adults and 1 child aged below 12 years old sharing bed with parents or existing day bed.
- Additional Child's (2-11 years old) bed & breakfast is applicable. Kindly enquire for the price.
- For Suria Suite, a maximum occupancy is 5 persons (4 adults included in the rate, 5th child will be charged accordingly).
- Boat transfer to Gaya island is required and the prices are as follow; Adult MYR 100 & Child (under 12 y/o) MYR 50. Child under 2 years old is free of charge
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.