- Selingan Turtle Island
- Visit one of the oldest turtle hatcheries in the world
- Witness turtle egg collection and baby turtle hatchering
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop off and boat transfers are included
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
≻≻≻Step 1. Package Options
Step 2. Select Local Operator
Step 3. Quantity
Join this turtle-tastic 2D1N trip at Selingan Island, Sandakan. You will be mesmerised by the clear waters on the islands of one of the world's oldest turtle hatcheries, breeding turtle species like the Green Turtle and Hawksbill Turtle. Witness the magical moment of sea turtles laying their eggs and their hatchlings being released out into the open sea. Also included in the package is some fun time in the sea. Snorkel around to explore the marvellous underwater world or relax on the white sandy shores.
About Selingan Island
Selingan Island provides safe place away from predators and optimal environmental conditions for Sea Turtles to come and lay eggs, as well as for their babies to be released without dangers.
What to Wear
- Comfortable clothing (T-shirt & pants)
- Good walking shoes / sandals
What to Bring
- Light raincoat
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- Personal toiletries
- This package is based on join-in basis of shared transport vehicle. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Standard check-in and check-out times for most hotels & resorts are 1400 Hrs & 1200 Hrs. However, check-in & check-out times may vary depending on each accommodation. So kindly check with us to get accurate check-in & check-out times of your accommodation.
- Foreign tourists are required to pay Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR 10 per room per night regardless of accommodation star level and to be paid directly upon check in. Malaysians or permanent residents residing in Malaysia are exempted from TTX and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in for verification purposes.
- For safety reasons, the trip may get cancelled or revert halfway if the weather or sea condition is deemed unsafe for the journey to proceed. Therefore, we do not recommend you go on this trip if it is the same day as your departure flight in the event the weather does not permit for the boat transfer to return to the mainland on the same day.
- Should any unforeseen circumstances arise, we recommend you to carefully set out your own schedule with some leeway to ensure you do not miss your next activity.
- Activities are subject to weather conditions, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations.
- Tours merchant does not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- Departure time is approximate and varies from different hotels due to traffic conditions, please reconfirm with our staffs. Should the transport be delayed, please call the relevant telephone number as stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Please make sure you have booked an air ticket to Sandakan.
- If you are arriving at Sandakan Airport on the day of your tour, our friendly guide will greet and pick you up from the airport with a placard bearing your good name.
- Day 2 lunch location may vary depending on your flight time.
- Tipping is like giving a hug. Although it’s never expected, it’s always very much appreciated.
Notes From Sabah Parks
- Only cameras of unaided flash are allowed to photograph the turtles. This is because shining a light on them or using camera flashes can be stressful on the creatures.
- Video/Digital Video Cameras are not allowed.
- Visitors are forbidden from going around the island on their own from 6:00pm – 6:00am