- Visit and stay at Danum Valley Field Centre
- Discover unique flora and fauna in the pristine jungle
- Explore Infapro Rainforest Rehabilitation area
- Exciting nature walks at different times of the day
- Hike and watch the sunrise at Bukit Atur
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Step into the rainforest jungle of Danum Valley Field Centre, for the ultimate Borneo Experience! If you are a keen naturalist or adventure-seeker and are content with the bare necessities of clean and comfortable facilities, Danum Valley Field Centre is for you! Approximately 80 metres west from Lahad Datu on Sabah’s east coast, the field centre is accessible by road and the journey takes at least two hours. It is the habitual grounds to over 500 species of mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians living relatively untouched. The hot and humid jungle deems with a variety of towering tropical trees, lingering lianas, exotic orchids, and overhanging epiphytes. Take this opportunity to feed your curiosity and immerse yourself in a variety of activities for that quintessential Bornean experience!
Start the day observing early-morning wildlife as you climb up a tree-hide, take a dip into the river to escape the midday heat or trek your way up to Bukit Atur to catch one of Borneo’s best sunrises! For the adventurous, you may opt for the longer hiking trails. And for the night owls, nightly walks may suit your fancy for a chance to spot some nocturnal wildlife. For something a little bit more on the leisure side, recharge and unwind in a stretcher hammock by the base of a waterfall!
About Danum Valley Field Center
Check-in Time / Check-out Time: 11:30AM / 10:30AM
Superior Deluxe - chalet featuring attached bathroom with heated water, air-conditioner, blanket, towel, toiletries, refrigerator, cupboard, sofa and working table.
Standard / Deluxe Resthouse - guest room featuring attached bathroom, air-conditioner (Deluxe Resthouse) / ceiling-fan (Standard Resthouse), blanket, towel, toiletries, cupboard and working table
Dormitory Bunk Beds (48 Male; 48 Female) - beds with shared bathroom, wall-mounted fan, blanket and towel.
Generator Supply (Electricity) - On: 7:00AM | Off: 11:00PM
Meals are provided in Malaysian home-style breakfast, lunch and dinner, served in a dining hall and on a veranda adjacent to the resthouse.
Breakfast: 7:00AM – 8:00AM | Lunch: 12:00PM – 1:00PM | Dinner: 7:15PM – 8:00PM
Unscheduled Transfer/Private Transfer Charges
- Unscheduled/Private Transfer LDU – DVFC or vice versa – RM390.00 per 4WD per way (1-3 pax) │ RM720.00 per van per way (4-6 pax)
- Outstation Transfers SDK/Bilit/Sukau – LDU or vice versa – RM610.00 per vehicle per way (1-6 pax)
- Outstation Transfers Tawau/Semporna – LDU or vice versa – RM830.00 per vehicle per way (1-6 pax)
- Private Sunrise Drive to Bukit Atur/GAW Hill – RM180.00 per vehicle (Max 4 pax)
- Private Night Drive (Max 2 Hrs) – RM180.00 per vehicle (Max 6 pax)
- Private Dusk or Dawn Drive (Max 2 Hrs) – RM180.00 per vehicle (Max 6 pax)
- Special Interest Drive (Min 2 Hrs) – RM120.00 per vehicle per hour (Max 4 pax)
What to Wear
- Quick Dry / Cotton T-Shirts
- Long or Short Outdoor Pants
- Good Trekking Shoes or Boots
What to Bring
- Sleeping Bag
- Sun Protection (Sunblock / Cap / Hat)
- Insect Repellent
- Leech Socks (available for sale)
- Head Torch or Torch Light
- Dry Bags (to keep trek bag content dry)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Personal Toiletries and Medications
- The generators will cease at 00:00 – 07:00 hours. You may need to prepare a torchlight.
- Please ensure you are holding air ticket to Lahad Datu.
- Cell phone coverage is available. However, it can sometimes be disrupted due to rain downpour and satellite malfunction.
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Activities are subject to weather conditions, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations.
- We do not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- Foreign tourists will be required to pay a flat rate of MYR 10 Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) per room per night regardless of accommodation star level. The TTx is to be paid upon check-in.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.