- Hike to the Summit of Mount Trusmadi (2,642m)
- Witness the Glorious Sunrise Above the Clouds
- Conquer Sabah's Class 1 Challenging Trail
- 2-Night Accommodation
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
≻≻≻Step 1. Package Options
Step 2. Select Local Operator
Step 3. Quantity
Mount Trusmadi stands at an impressive 2,642 meters tall and is the second highest mountain next only to Mount Kinabalu. Climbers will have to hike deep into the Trusmadi Forest Reserve to reach the peak. The Trusmadi Forest Reserve is bordered on its sides by three districts, with Ranau to the North, Tambunan to the West and Keningau to the South. Once a popular hunting ground for the locals, the forest reserve has been declared as a Class 1 Forest Reserve and is known for its challenging terrain.
What to Wear
- Warm clothing
- Rain coat
- Leech socks
- Good trekking shoes
- Jacket / Windbreaker
What to Bring
- Torch light or head torch
- Food for energy and water e.g. chocolate, glucose drinks and tablets, biscuits, energy bars, etc.
- Waterproof bag to store belongings
- Personal toiletries
- This package is based on a join-in basis of a shared guide and transportation. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making your bookings.
- Climbers are required to book their dates at least one month before climbing.
- Climbers are not allowed to open or create any new trails and should only follow existing trails at all times.
- The cutting of tree or plants whether dead or alive within the forest reserve is strictly prohibited.
- A limit of 5 climbers per guide is given during each trip.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic conditions and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries, and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Things to bring should include a rain coat, sweater, torch light, appropriate shoes for hiking, and socks.
- Please bring your own extra clothes and bath items for convenience (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc).
- Tandarasan Resort & Country Club (TRCC) will be on a twin-sharing basis.
- The Resthouse is a non-heated dormitory, consists of 20 beds, and does not provide amenites, sleeping bags, or towels.
- This trail is physically challenging so please ensure you are relatively fit to climb this mountain.
- Before attempting this climb (or any mountain climb), it is recommended that climbers should get themselves medically checked. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you do not attempt this climb: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity, Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease that might hinder the climber.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.