- Hike to the Summit of Mount Trusmadi (2,642m)
- Witness the Glorious Sunrise Above the Clouds
- Conquer Sabah's Class 1 Challenging Trail
- 3 Night Accommodation
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Standing at a towering 2642 meters tall, Mount Trus Madi is the second highest mountain next to Mount Kinabalu. Climbers will have to hike deep into the Trusmadi Forest Reserve to reach the peak. The Trusmadi Forest Reserve is bordered on its sides by three districts, with Ranau to the North, Tambunan to the West and Keningau to the South. Once a popular hunting ground for the locals, the forest reserve has been declared as a Class 1 Forest Reserve and is known for its challenging terrain.
What to Wear
- Warm clothing
- Rain coat
- Leech socks
- Good trekking shoes
- Jacket / Windbreaker
What to Bring
- Torch light or head torch
- Food for energy and water e.g. chocolate, glucose drinks and tablets, biscuits, energy bars, etc.
- Waterproof bag to store belongings
- Personal toiletries
- This package is based on a group shared guide and transport vehicle.
- Climbers are required to book a reservation for at least one month before the climbing activity
- Climbers are required to follow the trails provided and strictly not allowed to open any new trail.
- One guide can only bring up to 3 people maximum.
- Cutting of tree or plants whether dead or alive is strictly prohibited.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- The rest house is a non-heated dormitory consisting of 20 beds. No amenities or sleeping bags or towels are provided.
- Please bring your own extra clothes and bath items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Due to its challenging characteristic, please make sure that you are physically fit to be able to climb. It is recommended that all climbers get themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb.
- Please refrain from climbing if you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, namely: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anaemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may affect the climber.
- Tips are never expected but will always be appreciated
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.