4D3N Mount Trus Madi Climb
4 Days 3 Nights
Kota Kinabalu City
english / malay
Join In Group
Pick Up Point
Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu City
Pick Up Time
Standing at a towering 2642 meters tall, Mount Trus Madi is the second highest mountain next to Mount Kinabalu. Climbers will have to hike deep into the Trusmadi Forest Reserve to reach the peak. The Trusmadi Forest Reserve is bordered on its sides by three districts, with Ranau to the North, Tambunan to the West and Keningau to the South. Once a popular hunting ground for the locals, the forest reserve has been declared as a Class 1 Forest Reserve and is known for its challenging terrain.
- Hike to the Summit of Mount Trusmadi (2,642m)
- Witness the Glorious Sunrise Above the Clouds
- Conquer Sabah's Class 1 Challenging Trail
- 3 Night Accommodation
DAY 1Kota Kinabalu / Sinua Village / Camp 1
Hotel Pick Up
Estimated pick up time: 12pm
Pick up from your hotel lobby and depart for a 4-hour journey to Sinua Village.
Arrive and settle for the night at Camp 1.
Your dinner will be served at the camp.
Experience the authentic rural life by staying overnight in a village camp.
DAY 2Jungle Walk / Camp 2
Rise early for your breakfast and prepare for your trekking adventure.
At 8am, trek up to the next camp with a distance of 8km and elevation gain of 1000m. The hike will take approximately 4-5 hours to reach Camp 2
Upon arrival at Camp 2, your lunch will be served
Take a rest before charging yourself up with a dinner.
Settle in for the night at Camp 2
DAY 3Mount Trusmadi Summit
Wake early for the climb to the summit of Trus Madi
Mount Trusmadi Summit and Breakfast
Finally, you've reached Mount Trusmadi summit. Witness the sunrise while having your breakfast above the clouds. Once you are finished, make way back to Camp 2
Arrive at camp 2, take a rest. have your lunch and relax
Your dinner will be served at the camp
Spend your last day up on the mountain
DAY 4Camp 1 / Kota Kinabalu
Wake up and have your breakfast
Descend back to Camp 1
Enjoy your lunch before heading back to Kota Kinabalu
It's the end of your mountain journey, you will be transferred back to
Estimated drop off time: 4pm
End of Tour
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Please select your package option and preferred local operator you want to travel with.
What to Wear
- Warm clothing
- Rain coat
- Leech socks
- Good trekking shoes
- Jacket / Windbreaker
What to Bring
- Torch light or head torch
- Food for energy and water e.g. chocolate, glucose drinks and tablets, biscuits, energy bars, etc.
- Waterproof bag to store belongings
- Personal toiletries
- This package is based on a group shared guide and transport vehicle.
- Climbers are required to book a reservation for at least one month before the climbing activity
- Climbers are required to follow the trails provided and strictly not allowed to open any new trail.
- One guide can only bring up to 3 people maximum.
- Cutting of tree or plants whether dead or alive is strictly prohibited.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- The rest house is a non-heated dormitory consisting of 20 beds. No amenities or sleeping bags or towels are provided.
- Please bring your own extra clothes and bath items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Due to its challenging characteristic, please make sure that you are physically fit to be able to climb. It is recommended that all climbers get themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb.
- Please refrain from climbing if you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, namely: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anaemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may affect the climber.
- Tips are never expected but will always be appreciated
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.