- Top diving destination with 12 world-class dive sites
- Learn to scuba dive from certified PADI instructors
- Receive a PADI dive certification
- Exclusive stay at Layang Layang Island Dive Resort
- 4 Open Water dives
- Sight hundreds of migratory birds on a tour of Bird Island Sanctuary
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
≻≻≻Step 1. Package Options
Step 2. Select Local Operator
Step 3. Quantity
Learn to scuba dive at one of the top diving destinations in Malaysia, Layang Layang Island! An oceanic atoll and exotic island, located 1 hour’s flight northwest of Sabah’s capital Kota Kinabalu, Layang Layang Island is a diver’s paradise famous for sightings of large pelagic species including schools of hammerhead sharks and spectacular wall diving.
Master the basic skills of scuba diving from professional PADI certified instructors and explore the breathtaking spectrum of vibrant coral reefs and marine life of this unique diving destination. Layang Layang Island Resort is a "one island, one dive resort" experience offering an unmatched private and exclusive scuba diving vacation away from the crowds of Semporna and Sipadan Island. There’s no better place to get your scuba diving journey started than Layang Layang Island!
What to Wear
- Short Pants
- Swimming Attire
- Rash Guard/Sun Shirt
- Flip Flops/Sandals
What to Bring
- Waterproof Bag
- Mosquito Repellent
- Personal Diving Equipment
- Underwater Camera
- Please contact the Operation Staff on arrival day in Kota Kinabalu to reconfirm your flight to Layang Layang Island.
- Kindly arrive at KKIA TERMINAL 1 for check-in at least one & a half (1 1/2) hours before flight departure time.
- There is no air ticket issued but verification is via passport or I/C of guest by our Operation Staff at check-in Counter B 15, Departure Hall. The boarding pass will be issued thereafter.
- Baggage allowance is 20kg per person inclusive of hand baggage. Excess baggage is chargeable by the Airline Operator at MYR 15.00 per kg per way which is payable at the Resort. Otherwise, storage rental is available at KKIA Terminal 1.
- Please refer to our Booking Confirmation for the flight schedule of Layang Layang Island.
- Layang Layang Island Resort is not liable for any and all non-utilization of services. Layang Layang Island Resort assumes no liability for lost or stolen personal belongings during the length of the trip.
- Layang Layang Island Resort reserves the right to alter or cancel any itinerary or tours due to adverse weather conditions or unforeseen operational conditions.
- Layang Layang Island Resort shall not be liable nor responsible for any cancellation or changes in scheduled flights or missed connections due to whatsoever reason. Hence, the purchase of travel insurance is essential to avoid financial losses.
- Sightings of hammerhead sharks are not guaranteed however are most common during the months of March – August.
- Boat journey to the island may not be suitable for individuals suffering from the following ailments: heart or lung conditions, recent surgery, back or spinal surgery, back problems / injury / fracture, arthritis, osteoporosis or other similar spinal and pelvic diseases.
- Your belongings may get wet so do bring along waterproof bags to keep your belongings nice and dry!
- Before going out to have some fun under the sun, do bring along a SPF50+ sunscreen / sunblock and an umbrella to protect your skin from sunburns.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
- 86 air-conditioned rooms with extra size beds, private shower, mini bar, telephone, private verandah, TV and coffee and tea facilities.
- Restaurant of 150 pax capacity serves Asian and International cuisines.
- Bar serving varieties of beers, wine and refreshing soft drinks.
- Swimming pool, snorkeling and Migratory Bird’s Sanctuary Souvenir shop & conference room.
Dive Centres & Facilities
- Dive centre headed by PADI certified instructors with a team of qualified divemasters.
- Fleet of dive boats gets you to the dive sites within 10 to 30 minutes.
- Rental equipment available (Rental payable at the resort): BCDs, regulators, fins, masks, snorkels, wetsuit, dive torch.