Kota Kinabalu City
Beaufort / Kota Kinabalu
english / malay
adult / child
Join In Group
Pick Up Point
Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu City / Kota Kinabalu International Airport
Pick Up Time
Located 1.5 hours from Kota Kinabalu city, Bongawan river boasts a pristine mangrove area offering wide varieties of Sabah's vegetation and endemic wildlife. Embark on a scenic boat ride passing through the rustic villages and lush mangrove forest, in search of Borneo's wildlife such as the Proboscis monkeys, long-tailed macaques, silver langur, river otters, monitor lizards, and many more. Once you reach the jetty, witness the majestic view of sun settling down below the horizon at the Sky Mirror beach with its clear water resembling the mirror. At nighttime, enjoy a local dinner buffet before departing for a tranquil fireflies cruise and be mesmerised by the sparkling light of fireflies colony lighting up the trees.
- Wildlife River Cruise
- Proboscis Monkey and More Wildlife
- Fireflies Sighting
- Sky Mirror Beach
- Malay Style Dinner
- KK City Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off
DAY 1Bongawan River Cruise / Sky Mirror Beach / Fireflies Cruise
Hotel / Airport Pick Up
Meet your friendly guide at the hotel lobby and ready to depart for a 1.5-hour ride to Bongawan river.
Bongawan River Jetty
Upon arrival, you will be welcomed with a local refreshment accompanied by the sound of Mother Nature.
Wildlife River Cruise
Embark on a wildlife cruise and don't forget to keep your eyes peeled so that you won't miss any wildlife sightings.
Sky Mirror Beach
Once you have completed the journey, drop by the Sky Mirror Beach and snap Instagram-worthy pictures along with your family and friends.
After photo sessions, enjoy a sumptuous Malay-style dinner.
As the darkness sets in, embark for another evening cruise to see the amazing sight of fireflies lighting up the surrounding trees.
It's the end of your journey. Time to bid a goodbye and you will be transferred back to your hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
End of Tour
*Departure time is approximate and varies from different operators. Your actual pick-up time will be sent to you upon booking confirmation.
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Please select your package option and preferred local operator you want to travel with.
What To Wear
- Long Trousers
- T shirt
- Cap / Hat
- Shoes / Sandals
What To Bring
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Sunblock lotion
- Insect repellent
- All pictures shown may vary depending on the tour provider.
- We do not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Departure time is approximate and varies from different operators. Should there be any delay, please call the telephone number stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
- You are advised to bring your own binoculars in order to visually enhance your experience of viewing Borneo's endemic wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Tips are never expected but will always be appreciated.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.