- Visit Unpopulated Lankayan Island
- Stay in a Beach or Floating Resort
- Dive in a Marine Protected Area
- Diving activities
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Select Local Operator
Just an hour and a half away from Sandakan, Lankayan sits unpopulated on the Sulu Sea and is delcared a Marine Protected Area. Covered by thick vegetation with its beaches marked by white sands, Lankayan Island Dive Resort boasts 23 simple yet elegant seafront chalets, providing the perfect setting to relax and unwind before your diving adventure. Just a few minutes off shore lies a macro-world wonderland with larger marine creatures such as leopard sharks and yellowtail barracuda making the occasional appearance.
What to Wear
- Bathing / Diving suit
- Quick Dry T-shirt
- Sandals / Flip flops
What to Bring
- Diving log book
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat / cap)
- Extra change of clothes
- Personal toiletries
- Insect repellent
- This package is based on a join-in basis of shared guide and transportation. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making your bookings.
- Infants, pregnant women, and senior citizens (above 80 years old) are not allowed by boat to Lankayan Resort.
- Your safety is always our top priority. Should weather or sea conditions deem it unsafe to proceed for this tour, we reserve the right to change or cancel the tour. Refunds will be made accordingly.
- Should any unforeseen circumstances arise, we recommend that you carefully set out your own schedule with some leeway to ensure you do not miss your next activity.
- We will not be held liable for any delay, additional expenses or inconveniences that may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside of the company control e.g. late arrival of domestic or international flights, civil disturbances, fire, floods, severe weather, or failure of machinery or equipment and property whilst staying at the resort, or during participation of any activity.
- In the unfortunate event that the dive trip is cancelled due to bad weather, rough and dangerous sea conditions, natural disasters, an act of God, war, political unrest, etc. then the resort has the right to cancel or delay the departure. The resort withholds the right to change the planned itinerary, leave the jetty early or change the schedule.
- We will not be held responsible or be liable for property losses, personal losses, accidents, injury, or death for any reason whatsoever, whether through any activities booked through us, or caused by third parties. All guests will be required to read and sign the Standard Liability Form and other related forms at the resort upon arrival and check-in.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic conditions and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- All reservations must provide the following information: Name as per passport, Passport Number, NRIC (for Malaysian only), nationality, gender, date of birth, medical & flight details, and at least 1 emergency contact of information of a friend or a relative.
- For Divers, the following additional informations are required: a) Diving Qualification & Level; b) Number of logged dives (approx.); c) Last logged dive (dd/mm/yy)
- Full payment is required 30 days prior to commencement of services.
- After commencement of service, no refund, in part or full, will be given for services included in the package which has not been utilised.
- We cannot predict the weather conditions these days for scuba diving even when in season.
- We recommend that if you intend to go scuba diving, make sure you have an insurance policy that covers this activity. We recommend all guests have adequate travel insurance covering accidents, loss caused by cancellations, loss of luggage, personal property, medical expenses, medical evacuation and weather disruption / cancellations.
- Please check you have the required travel documents before booking for your dive trips. Ensure that your passport has at least 6 months validity from your time of entry into Malaysia.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.