- Experience the amazing Islands of Mabul and Kapalai
- Snorkel in one of the World's best dive site
- Meet the Sea Gypsies, Bajau Laut
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Select Local Operator
Slip onto the sea and discover numerous unique aquatic organisms like orang-utan crabs, sider crabs and sea turtles. Mabul and Kapalai are Sabah's two famous islands located in Semporna, Tawau. Mabul island has been a fishing village since 1970 and became a popular site to divers due to its close proximity to Sipadan island.
Kapalai, on the other hand, is a world-class diving destination filled with beautiful coral reefs covering the ocean bed and colourful fishes decorating the seas which can also be appreciated through snorkeling. Meet the nomadic sea gypsies, also known as Bajau Laut, throughout your snorkelling adventure.
What to Wear
- Bathing suit / Swimwear
- Quick Dry T-shirt
- Sandals / Flip flops
What to Bring
- Sun protection (sunblock / cap)
- Change of clothes
- First Aid Kit
- Waterproof Camera
- Drinking water
- Personal toiletries
- Your belongings may get wet so do bring along waterproof bags to keep your belongings nice and dry!
- Before going out to have some fun under the sun, do bring along a SPF50+ sunscreen / sunblock and an umbrella to protect your skin from sunburns.
- During low tide, chances of entering Mabul Island will be slightly low therefore guest may not be able to visit the island
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.