- Diversity of marine life, coral reefs and fishes
- Nature walks and turtle hatchery
- Scuba diving
- Walk to Pulau Mataking Kecil
Safety And Health Precautionary Measures (COVID-19)
- You are required to present your Vaccination certificate via your MySejahtera App upon check in.
- All operations, cleaning of resort facilities, and preparation of food & beverages are conducted in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) set by the Ministry of Health.
- MySejahtera status for each individual must be in ‘Low Risk No Symptom’ & ‘Fully Vaccinated’.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Mataking Island is surrounded by stunning turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and lush jungles, serving as the perfect place for the ultimate island getaway. For divers, you will be able to explore and visit the variety of marine life that call the waters of Mataking home. Also, you will catch a glimpse of the famous 'Underwater Post Office', where you can actually post your mail underwater! For non-divers, the resorts offer a variety of activities to do such as pampering sessions at Jamu Spa, kayaking, canoeing, and even jungle trekking. Feeling a little adventurous? Don't miss out on a 20-minute walk from the Reef Dive Resort to Pulau Mataking Kecil aka. Small Mataking Island.
What to Wear
- Bathing / Diving suit
- Quick Dry T-shirt
- Sandals / Flip flops
What to Bring
- Log book and diver certification card (for diver)
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- Suitable outfit for snorkeling
- Extra change of clothes
- Personal toiletries
- Insect repellent
- Diver packages are subjected to resort's diving schedules and regulations as set by dive center.
- Equipment rental is not included and will require rental charges.
Non Diver Package
- 'Non Diver' package cannot be converted to 'Diver' package once you have arrived at the resort.
- Land Transportation only applicable from Tawau Airport - Semporna Jetty - Mataking Island - Semporna Jetty - Tawau Airport. All transfers from/to Semporna hotel/hostel/homestay are not provided.
- Hotel check in / check out time is at 2:00PM & 12:00PM respectively. Kindly check out before the cut-off time to avoid late check out fee.
- Boat journey to the island may not be suitable for individuals suffering from the following ailments: heart or lung conditions, recent surgery, back or spinal surgery, back problems / injury / fracture, arthritis, osteoporosis or other similar spinal and pelvic diseases. Pregnant women are also not recommended as boat rides tend to be bumpy depending on sea conditions. If you are suffering from similar issues as mentioned above, kindly consult with your physician before enrolling in this activity.
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Under the regulation from Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists are required to pay a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents are exempted from the TTX and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
- All rates displayed are in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) and inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Semporna Jetty Fee of MYR 2 (Malaysian) or MYR 10 (International) per person is excluded and will need to be paid to The Municipal Council of Semporna.
- No diving upon arrival at the resort and on the departure of your flight.
- We will not be held responsible and reserve the rights to charge the customer for any additional costs rendered by any last minute cancellations, delays and changes of any arrangements made by customers.
- Customers are required to have a 24 hour interval before their flight. However, we believe that this differs from different individuals. If customers choose to dive in less than 24 hours before their flight, they will be required to sign a separate Liability / Release Form for this matter. However, this is still subject to approval of the resort's Dive Centre management.
- Activities offered by the company, especially dive activities, are subject to bad weather and sea conditions, poor visibility and divers' own physical abilities. Therefore, we reserve the right to either proceed or abort any activities or prevent divers from participating for safety reasons.
- Your belongings may get wet so do bring along waterproof bags to keep your belongings nice and dry!
- Before going out to have some fun under the sun, do bring along a SPF50+ sunscreen / sunblock and an umbrella to protect your skin from sunburns.
- The boat dive, boat snorkel, and house reef dive DO NOT include rental of gears.
- Boat dives are subjected to boat availability.
- Prices are subject to changes over time.
- Orientation will be considered as 1 boat dive.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.