- Traditional Live Museum
- Kadazandusun Ethnic Culture
- House of Skull
- Traditional Cultural Performance
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Located just beside Penampang river lies a traditional house that contains a rich cultural heritage of Sabah. With just an hour drive from Kota Kinabalu, Monsopiad Heritage Village is the only living museum in Sabah commemorating the life of infamous Kadazandusun and fearsome head-hunter warrior “Monsopiad” who lived in Kuai village 200 years ago. The site now is managed by their direct descendants who have built the village in order to revive and preserve their cultures and traditions.
Take a peek of the past by visiting the Monspoiad’s Main House where it displays ancient clothing and tools used by the villagers in the past, as well as understand their cultures by listening to the stories and legends shared by the warrior’s descendants. Drop by the House of Skull where skulls are being hanged to show Monsopiad’s eminence and a way to defend their village. Your visit to Monsopiad Heritage Village will directly contribute to the conservation of Malaysia’s rich tradition and heritage
What to Wear
- Comfortable Shirt
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Long trousers / short pants
What to Bring
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection (Sunblock / Cap)
- Raincoat / Umbrella
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.