Oceanic Crust & Walai Tobilung
Kota Kinabalu City
english / malay
adult / child
Join In Group
Pick Up Point
Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu City / Kota Kinabalu International Airport
Pick Up Time
8:30AM (Other Timings Can Be Arranged)
If you're a culture and geology buff, this day tour will be right up your alley! Learn about the minority tribe, Dusun Tobilung and their many cultural traditions and knowledge such as spiritual ceremonies and the benefits of the Sumimpun Traditional Herbs. Visit the oceanic earth crust that dates back to the Lower Cretaceous to Paleocene period, which became a source of Lombong Manganese during the British era in 1903. And above all, take this opportunity to record as much of the tour! Take pictures to remember while enjoying the beauty of Sabah's unique culture and natural structures.
- Visit Walai Tobilung
- Understand Tobilung Tribe's Culture
- Sumimpun Traditional Herbs
- Visit Oceanic Earth Crust
- Historical Tongkurangoh River
Hotel / Airport Pick Up
Pick up from hotel your hotel or Kota Kinabalu International Airport and depart for Kota Marudu.
Visit Walai Tobilung and enjoy learning about the minority tribe through a gallery visit, Sumimpun, traditional games, and a cultural performance.
At the end of your visitation, a traditional lunch will be provided.
Oceanic Earth Crust
After lunch, it's time to depart for the Oceanic Earth Crust. Go on river trek and enjoy the waterfalls along the way.
Refreshments will be served before returning to Kota Kinabalu. Until next time!
End of Tour
*Departure time is approximate and varies from different operators. Your actual pick-up time will be sent to you upon booking confirmation.
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Please select your package option and preferred local operator you want to travel with.
What To Wear
- Comfortable T-shirt
- Comfortable Shorts/Pants
- Comfortable walking shoes
What To Bring
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.