- Explore the Intricate Cave System at Gomantong Caves
- Witness the Valuable Swiftlet Bird's Nest
- Ride on Kinabatangan River Cruise to Look For Borneo's Endemic Proboscis Monkeys
- See More Wildlife Sightings Along the Kinabatangan River
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Starting your adventure with this tour will see you on a journey to the Kinabatangan area, Sandakan's prime location for a natural getaway with a spice of adventure. Explore Sabah's most extensive cave system, the Gomantong Caves, and watch bats and swiftlets in flight! If you want to challenge yourself, you can head on to Simud Putih and witness the swiftlets' bird's nest! Stay on the banks of the Kinabatangan River at the Sukau Bilit Rainforest Lodge and go on a river cruise to get a close up look of its many residents, including but not limited to the eagles, hornbills, wildboars, and the endemic Borneon pygmy elephants and proboscis monkeys.
What to Wear
- Comfortable T-Shirt & pants
- Comfortable walking shoes
What to Bring
- Light raincoat
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- We do not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Please make sure you are holding an air ticket to Sandakan.
- If you are arriving at Sandakan Airport on the day of your tour, the guide will greet and pick you up from the airport with your name on a placard.
- You will need to stay overnight in Sandakan after the tour has ended as there will be no flights flying out from Sandakan after 9pm. Thus, we suggest you to book your departure flight the day after the tour, if you are returning to Kota Kinabalu.
- Before booking your flight ticket(s), always check with the airline schedules for the correct flight timings that are most suited to your needs.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.