- Sandakan War Memorial Visitation
- History of Australian and British Prisoners During WWII
- Beautifully Landscaped Rainforest Garden
- Witness the Physical Remains After WWII
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Sandakan War Memorial is a must-visit place for family and history enthusiasts to get a deep insight into Sabah’s history and heritage. It was built by the British to commemorate Australian and British prisoners who lost their lives during World War II. Nestled in a tranquil rainforest garden, the park will guide you on a journey to the past, recounting the horror and heroism of the soldiers during the time. It also preserves wartime relics and displays few remains from the past including rusting machines, excavator, generator and boiler which still lie in their original positions to further emphasize the memory of WWII.
What to Wear
- Comfortable Shirt
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Long trousers / short pants
What to Bring
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection (Sunblock / Cap)
- Raincoat / Umbrella
- Drinking water
- Please make sure that you are holding an air ticket to Sandakan.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.