Tambunan Rafflesia Reserve Tour
Kota Kinabalu City
Crocker Range National Park
adult / child
Located in Crocker Range National Park, about 80km away from Kota Kinabalu city, The Rafflesia Reserve is home to the rafflesia species, known as one of the world's largest flower. The reserve itself houses nearly 12 different species of flowers that are endemic to Sumatra and Borneo. Though it is known as a flower, it certainly does not smell like one so do keep that in mind! The flower only bloom for a short while so you need to have some luck and good timing to get a chance of seeing one.
- Rafflesia Pricei Sightings
- The World's Largest and Rarest Flower
- Jungle Trek along Rafflesia Trail
DAY 1Kota Kinabalu / Rafflesia Information Centre
- Pick up from your hotel lobby in Kota Kinabalu
Proceed with a 1
5 hour journey and witness the scenic view on the roadside within Corcker Range Park
Arrive at Tambunan Rafflesia Centre
Spot one of the world’s largest and rarest flowers, The Rafflesia Pricei
Walk through the Rafflesia Trail
After the walk, visit the information centre to see the replicas of Rafflesia and buy some souvenirs
Lunch at the local restaurant
Transfer back to your hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Please select your package option and preferred local operator you want to travel with.
- Comfortable Shirt
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Long trousers / short pants
Things You Should Bring
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection (Sunblock / Cap)
- Raincoat / Umbrella
Things You Should Know
- Sighting of rafflesia need some luck and good timings. It is advisable to check with Sabah Forestry Department to confirm any blooming before your visit as each bloom lasts only for a few days.
- Expect a long walk of up to 1-2 hours in total to search for flower sightings.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
Important Things to Note
- Guests are not permitted to enter the Forest Reserve after 3pm and is
- The reserve is closed on Sundays
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Child rate applies for children between 3-11 years old. Infant below 3 years old is FOC.
- Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.