- Rafflesia Pricei Sightings
- The World's Largest and Rarest Flower
- Jungle Trek along Rafflesia Trail
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
≻≻≻Step 1. Package Options
Step 2. Select Local Operator
Step 3. Quantity
Located in Crocker Range National Park, about 80km away from Kota Kinabalu city, The Rafflesia Reserve is home to the rafflesia species, known as one of the world's largest flower. The reserve itself houses nearly 12 different species of flowers that are endemic to Sumatra and Borneo. Though it is known as a flower, it certainly does not smell like one so do keep that in mind! The flower only bloom for a short while so you need to have some luck and good timing to get a chance of seeing one.
- Comfortable Shirt
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Long trousers / short pants
Things You Should Bring
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection (Sunblock / Cap)
- Raincoat / Umbrella
Things You Should Know
- Sighting of rafflesia need some luck and good timings. It is advisable to check with Sabah Forestry Department to confirm any blooming before your visit as each bloom lasts only for a few days.
- Expect a long walk of up to 1-2 hours in total to search for flower sightings.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
Important Things to Note
- Guests are not permitted to enter the Forest Reserve after 3pm and is
- The reserve is closed on Sundays
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Child rate applies for children between 3-11 years old. Infant below 3 years old is FOC.
- Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.