- Embark on a half-day trek into the 15-million-year-old Taralamas River Canyon in Ranau
- Hike through nature trails and walk across rivers as you discover unique geological formations and crystal stones
- Visit iconic spots along the way, including Sadoron Waterfall and Widu River
- Choose between the two unique canyon trails: The 6km Standard Loop trail or 8km Sadoron trail
Tucked away in the heart of Borneo's lush forests, the Taralamas River Canyon is a genuine marvel of nature, boasting a remarkable history that predates Mount Kinabalu, a geological masterpiece sculpted over a staggering 15 million years canyon that invites intrepid adventurers to embark on a journey through its alluring landscapes.
Explore the wonders of Taralamas River Canyon with two unique trails. Stroll along the Standard Loop Trail, which is a manageable 6km adventure and enjoy the amazing views of towering cliffs and the mesmerising Widu River. For more adventure, try the Sadoron Trail for, a challenging 8km trail leading to the jaw-dropping Sadoron Waterfall. Along the trail, you may be fortunate enough to encounter rare and precious crystal stones. The Taralamas River Canyon is a sanctuary for nature enthusiasts and trek lovers, from exhilarating hikes to tranquil riverside picnics, refreshing swims, and stunning waterfalls and hills.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
What To Bring
- Light jacket / Wind breaker
- Hiking pole / stick
- Durable raincoat / poncho
- Light energy food
- Small first aid kit
- Small towel
- Waterproof backpack
What To Wear
- Lightweight clothing: Dri-fit t-shirt & trek pants
- Leech socks
- Good hiking or walking shoes with good grip
- The minimum age for child traveller is 9 years old.
- Self-cooking for lunch is allowed at an additional fee. You can purchase the ingredients at Taralamas Cafe (subject to availability). Please note that you are not allowed to bring your own cooking ingredients.
- All hikers must be accompanied by a dedicated guide throughout the trek, with each guide permitted to lead a maximum of five (5) individuals within the same group.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
How to Book Tickets
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Ticket Date
Choose Ticket Option
Select Local Supplier
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.