- Climb with new friends from around the world!
- Join-in any group
- Perfect for solo travellers and small groups
- Mount Kinabalu Climb via Timpohon Trail
- Low’s Peak Summit (Highest Elevation 4095.2M)
- Stay in Laban Rata Resthouse (Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-bed with shared bathroom & toilet)
- Shared transport and Mountain Guide
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Go on an unforgettable journey with fellow adventurers from across the globe! Get ready to meet new international friends and experience exciting adventure together as you conquer Mount Kinabalu. The journey offers an affordable and budget-friendly experience, with shared transport and guide. Be sure to keep an eye out for those exclusive special dates to join this remarkable expedition.
If you prefer to climb Mount Kinabalu with a private mountain guide or have a hotel pick-up/drop-off at your KK City hotel, please book 2D1N Mount Kinabalu Climb package instead.
- Trekking / running shoes with good grip
- Warm clothing
- Long sleeves shirt
- Hiking pants
- Jacket / Wind breaker
- Warm gloves and winter hat
Things You Should Bring
- Medication e.g. headache or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sunblock lotion, lip balm, band-aids
- Insect repellent
- Camera with waterproof case
- Sandals / slippers
- Plastic bags
Things You Should Know
- Please take note that accommodation will be of the most basic, with 15 people to an unheated room in a dormitory.
- It is advisable that you get yourself medically checked before going for any mountain climb. It is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing if you have medical condition, such as, heart disease, diabetes, severe anemia, arthritis, choric asthma, hepatitis, or any other disease which may affect the climber.
- Boiled water is NOT provided for drinking or refill to climbers at Laban Rata Resthouse. Complimentary coffee and tea will only be provided during breakfast & supper. However, you may wish to purchase mineral, soft drinks, and other hot drinks at the Grocery Counter at Laban Rata Resthouse.
- Hot water for drinking or refill is provided to climbers at Pendant Hut.
- Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated and shows your support for the mountain guides.
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Your friendly guide will meet you at your hotel lobby / greet you at the airport arrival hall with a placard bearing your name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating your guide, you can call your tour operator's hotline number/s stated in your itinerary for further assistance.
- The designated pick-up point is Sabah Tourism Board Building @ Jalan Gaya at 6:15AM in Kota Kinabalu City. Latecomers will have to arrange their own transportation to Kinabalu Park and meet our team before 9:00AM for final registration.
- Kindly note that there will be no alternative transport arrangements if you miss the stipulated pick-up time.
- We do not recommend climbers to catch your flight on the same day you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by your tour operator with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 7:30PM. Your tour operator will ensure your possible waiting time is not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, your tour operator can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR450/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- A fee of MYR15 per hour per guide will be imposed on climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 4:30PM. This fee will need to be paid to the mountain guide on the spot.
- Please take note that your passport for international climbers and IC for domestic climbers will be required for verification when registering at the Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Check-out time for Laban Rata Resthouse is at 10:00AM. Should you check out later than 10:30AM, a Late Check Out Fee of MYR100 per hour will apply and will need to be paid on the spot.
- Under the regulation of Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists will be required to pay Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians and permanent residents are exempted from the TTX, they are required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
- Lunch will be converted to a packed meal for all climbers who reach the local restaurant after 4:00PM during your Mount Kinabalu descent.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.