- Conquer Mount Kinabalu via Timpohon Trail
- Climb to the highest peak at Low's Peak Summit
- Complimentary Via Ferrata Activity when you descend back to Panalaban basecamp.
- 1 night stay at Pendant Hut during the climb.
- 1 extra night stay at Kinabalu Pine Resort or similar
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
≻≻≻Step 1. Package Options
Step 2. Select Local Operator
Step 3. Quantity
Take a detour from your climb up to the summit and challenge yourself by undertaking the Via Ferrata, officially the highest iron road in the world. This Guinness World Record activity is divided into categories of differing difficulties, with Walk the Torq being suitable for beginners and the harder Low's Peak Circuit fitting those with more experience. This 3D2N package will also allow you to stay an extra night at Kinabalu Pine Resort or similar to help you acclimatise before the climb and minimise altitude sickness.
For amateur climbers, you might want to opt for the non-via Ferrata 3D2N Mount Kinabalu package and you will descend back using the normal route.
Safety and Health Precautionary Measures (COVID-19)
- Climbers are only allowed to hike alongside their direct family members to ensure social distancing.
- Daily quota for Mount Kinabalu climbers at Mountain Torq is 20 people. Only 100 people are allowed to enter Sabah Parks daily.
- Children below 12 years old are not allowed to climb Mount Kinabalu.
- You are required to fill in registration form and take body temperature reading before the climb.
- You are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including mask.
- Frequent sanitation of the lodges will be conducted.
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb
- Waterproof backpack (extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ with a fee of MYR12 per piece)
- Trekking or running shoes
- Warm clothing and hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
Things You Wish To Bring
- Extra clothing and socks
- Sandals / Slippers
- Medication (painkillers, altitude sickness pill)
- Napkins and small towel
- Sun block lotion, lip balm, plasters
- Insect repellent
- Camera with water proof bag
- Plastic bags
- Refillable water bottle
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Head torch (compulsory)
Things You Should Know
- Laban Rata Resthouse does not provide boiled water for drinking/refill to climbers. Coffee & Tea will only be provided during breakfast & supper. Additional hot or cold beverages mineral water are available for purchase at the grocery counter.
- Pendant Hut provides filtered hot water for drinking/refill to climbers.
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 12 per piece prior the climb.
- Tipping is never expected but will always be much appreciated
Important Mountain Torq Policy For Via Ferrata Climbers
- Climbers must present original passport/Identification Card for registration at Kinabalu Park HQ on the actual day of climb.
- Climbers must attend compulsory 'via Ferrata' briefing/training session in Pendant Hut between 15:00 - 16:00 (Latest Cut-off time) on the first day of climb.
- All via Ferrata activities will be conducted in groups guided by qualified Mountain Torq Ferrata trainers.
- Climbers who fail to comply with the timing will not be able to proceed with the selected Via Ferrata Teaser activity. No reimbursement shall be made.
- Your safety is our priority. Should there be any extreme weather arises, via Ferrata activity may be cancelled, No reimbursement shall be made.
Important Things to Note
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis (shared vehicle).
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 will be imposed a fee of MYR 15/hour per guide to be paid directly to mountain guide on the spot.
- Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) of MYR 10 per room per night will be required for foreigner to be paid upon check-in. Malaysian or permanent resident residing in Malaysia are exempted and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in.