- Conquer Mount Kinabalu via Timpohon Trail
- Climb to the highest peak at Low's Peak Summit
- Complimentary Via Ferrata Activity when you descend back to Panalaban Base Camp
- 1-night stay at Pendant Hut during the climb
- 1 extra night stay at Kinabalu Pine Resort or similar
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Take a detour from your climb up to the summit and challenge yourself by undertaking the Via Ferrata, officially the highest iron road in the world. This Guinness World Record activity is divided into categories of differing difficulties, with Walk the Torq being suitable for beginners and the harder Low's Peak Circuit fitting those with more experience. This 3D2N package will also allow you to stay an extra night at Kinabalu Pine Resort or similar to help you acclimatise before the climb and minimise altitude sickness.
For amateur climbers, you might want to opt for the non-via Ferrata 3D2N Mount Kinabalu package and you will descend back using the normal route.
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb
- Waterproof backpack (extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ with a fee of MYR12 per piece)
- Trekking or running shoes
- Warm clothing and hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
Things You Wish To Bring
- Extra clothing and socks
- Sandals / Slippers
- Medication (painkillers, altitude sickness pill)
- Napkins and small towel
- Sunblock lotion, lip balm, plasters
- Insect repellent
- Camera with water proof bag
- Plastic bags
- Refillable water bottle
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Head torch (compulsory)
Things You Should Know
- Laban Rata Resthouse does not provide boiled water for drinking/refill to climbers. Coffee & Tea will only be provided during breakfast & supper. Additional hot or cold beverages mineral water are available for purchase at the grocery counter.
- Pendant Hut provides filtered hot water for drinking/refill to climbers.
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 12 per piece prior the climb.
- Tipping is never expected but will always be much appreciated
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Your friendly guide will meet you at your hotel lobby / greet you at the Airport arrival hall with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating your guide, you can call the hotline number/s stated in your itinerary for further assistance.
- We do not recommend climbers to catch your flight on the same day you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 07:00hrs. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages with ferrata, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 06:45hrs. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 3-Day 2-Nights packages and beyond, your tour operator's transport can pick you up from either Airport OR your Hotel. Time is dependent on your arrival flight schedule. Please provide us your flight details.
- Add MYR 30 nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by your tour operator with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 1930hrs. Your tour operator will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, your tour operator can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR 450/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
Important Mountain Torq Policy For Via Ferrata Climbers
- Climbers must present original passport/Identification Card for registration at Kinabalu Park HQ on the actual day of climb.
- Climbers must attend compulsory 'via Ferrata' briefing/training session in Pendant Hut between 15:00 - 16:00 (Latest Cut-off time) on the first day of climb.
- All via Ferrata activities will be conducted in groups guided by qualified Mountain Torq Ferrata trainers.
- Climbers who fail to comply with the timing will not be able to proceed with the selected Via Ferrata Teaser activity. No reimbursement shall be made.
- Your safety is our priority. Should there be any extreme weather arises, via Ferrata activity may be cancelled, No reimbursement shall be made.
Important Things to Note
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis (shared vehicle).
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 will be imposed a fee of MYR 15/hour per guide to be paid directly to mountain guide on the spot.
- Lunch will be converted to a packed meal for all climbers who reach the local restaurant after 16:00hrs on DAY 03 (Mt Kinabalu descent).
- Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) of MYR 10 per room per night will be required for foreigner to be paid upon check-in. Malaysian or permanent resident residing in Malaysia are exempted and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.