- Conquer Malaysia' tallest mountain at Mount Kinabalu via Timpohon Trail.
- Climb to the mountain's highest point at Low's Peak Summit.
- Stay an extra night at Kinabalu Park to acclimatise yourself before the climb.
- Get certificate of achievement once you have completed the climb.
- Have a brief stopover at Nabalu handicraft market to buy local snacks, fruits and souvenirs.
- Entry to Kinabalu Park via personal or company vehicles are not allowed. It is compulsory to use the Sabah Parks' official vehicle (KOKTAS) for any transfers within Kinabalu Park. Do expect a longer waiting time due to limited vehicles available.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
≻≻≻Step 1. Package Options
Step 2. Select Local Operator
Step 3. Quantity
Mount Kinabalu, the tallest mountain in Southeast Asia and to the Kadazan Dusun tribe of Sabah, the sacred resting ground of their ancestors' spirits. For many years, Mount Kinabalu has been on the bucket list of climbers all over the world and by embarking on this 3 day 2 night, you will get to experience Mount Kinabalu unlike any other. Marvel at the handmade souvenirs and homegrown local produce and fruits sold by friendly local natives. Witness the changing of climates from tropical to alpine as you make your way up to Laban Rata Resthouse. And when you finally ascend your way up to Low's Peak Summit, you will stand in testimony to one of the most incredible views in the world.
If you are tight on time, you can choose the 2D1N Mount Kinabalu package and climb immediately once you arrive at Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Climbers are only allowed to hike alongside their direct family members to ensure social distancing.
- Daily quota for Mount Kinabalu climbers at Sutera Sanctuary Lodges is 40 people/day. Only 100 people are allowed to enter Sabah Parks daily.
- Children below 12 years old are not allowed to climb Mount Kinabalu.
- You are required to fill in registration form and take body temperature reading before the climb.
- You are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including mask.
- Frequent sanitation of the lodges will be conducted.
What to Wear
- Warm clothing
- Long sleeve shirts
- Hiking pants
- Jacket / Wind breaker
- Warm gloves and winter hat
What to Bring
- Medication e.g. headache or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip balm, band-aids
- Insect repellent
- Camera with waterproof case
- Sandals / slippers
- Plastic bag
- Effective 1st April 2019, Day 1 accommodation for this package will be based on a Run-of-House (ROH) basis, meaning the rooms given will be determined by the provider, according to availability at the time of check-in. A private Twin-Share room will be arranged in any accommodation within Kinabalu Park.
- A fee of MYR 15 per hour per guide will be imposed on climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 hours. This fee will need to be paid to the mountain guide on the spot.
- Please take note that your passport for international climbers and IC for domestic climbers will be required for verification when registering at the Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Check-out time for Laban Rata Resthouse is at 10:00 hrs so should you check out later than 10:30 hrs, a Late Check Out Fee of MYR100/hour will apply and will need to be paid on the spot.
- Under the regulation of Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists will be required to pay Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians and permanent residents are exempted from the TTX, they are required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated and shows your support for the mountain guides.
- Drinking boiled water or refill is not provided for climbers at Laban Rata Resthouse. Complimentary coffee and tea will only be provided during Breakfast & Supper. However, you may wish to purchase mineral, soft drinks, and other hot drinks at the Grocery Counter at Laban Rata Resthouse.
- Hot water for drinking or refill is provided for climbers at Pendant Hut.