- Mount Kinabalu Climb via Timpohon Trail
- Low’s Peak Summit (Highest Elevation 4095.2M)
- Via Ferrata Activity (Walk The Torq)
- 1 Night Kinabalu Pine Resort or similar
- 1 Night Pendant Hut
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Conquer the world's highest via ferrata on this thrilling 3D2N Mount Kinabalu Via Ferrata climb. Explore the beginner-friendly Walk the Torq route for an unforgettable adventure. Plus, enjoy an extra night stay at a mountain resort in Kundasang to help you acclimatise before the climb and minimise altitude sickness.
For those seeking a greater challenge, our 3D2N Mount Kinabalu Climb with Via Ferrata (Low's Peak Circuit) package is the perfect choice. Join in this incredible journey today!
- Trekking / running shoes with good grip
- Warm clothing
- Long sleeves shirt
- Hiking pants
- Jacket / Wind breaker
- Warm gloves and winter hat
Things You Should Bring
- Medication e.g. headache or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sunblock lotion, lip balm, band-aids
- Insect repellent
- Camera with waterproof case
- Sandals / slippers
- Plastic bags
Things You Should Know
- Please take note that accommodation will be of the most basic, with 15 people to an unheated room in a dormitory.
- It is advisable that you get yourself medically checked before going for any mountain climb. It is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing if you have medical condition, such as, heart disease, diabetes, severe anemia, arthritis, chronic asthma, hepatitis, or any other disease which may affect the climber.
- Boiled water is NOT provided for drinking or refill to climbers at Laban Rata Resthouse. Complimentary coffee and tea will only be provided during breakfast & supper. However, you may wish to purchase mineral, soft drinks, and other hot drinks at the Grocery Counter at Laban Rata Resthouse.
- Hot water for drinking or refill is provided for climbers at Pendant Hut.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated and shows your support for the mountain guides.
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Your friendly guide will meet you at your hotel lobby / greet you at the airport arrival hall with a placard bearing your name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating your guide, you can call your tour operator's hotline number/s stated in your itinerary for further assistance.
- You are not recommended to catch your flight on the same day you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- Add MYR30 nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by your tour operator with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 7:30PM. Your tour operator will ensure your possible waiting time is not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, your tour operator can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR450/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means only one return transfers are provided for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- A fee of MYR15 per hour per guide will be imposed on climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 4:30PM. This fee will need to be paid to the mountain guide on the spot.
- Please take note that your passport for international climbers and IC for domestic climbers will be required for verification when registering at the Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Check-out time for Laban Rata Resthouse is at 10:00AM. Should you check out later than 10:30AM, a Late Check Out Fee of MYR100 per hour will apply and will need to be paid on the spot.
- Under the regulation of Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists will be required to pay Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians and permanent residents are exempted from the TTX, they are required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
- Lunch will be converted to a packed meal for all climbers who reach the local restaurant after 4:00PM during your Mount Kinabalu descent.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.