- Exciting Kinabatangan River Cruise in the morning and evening
- Discover various wildlife, including proboscis monkey, orangutan, and pygmy elephant
- Thrilling jungle trekking and night walks to learn more about the unique ecosystem
- Experience local culture at Nature Lodge Kinabatangan
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Embark on a captivating nature and wildlife adventure with this 3D2N Kinabatangan River Cruise package. Explore the lush tropical rainforest and immerse yourself in the stunning natural beauty of Sabah.
Over three days and two nights, you will explore the impressive ecosystem of the Kinabatangan River and the surrounding jungles. The multiple river cruises take you into different areas to spot various wildlife species, such as proboscis monkeys, orangutans, pygmy elephants, and various tropical birds. And between the cruises, you will go on jungle walks to see the exciting flora and fauna at different times of the day.
During this tour, you will be staying at the Nature Lodge Kinabatangan. Nestled in the heart of the rainforest, the lodge offers its visitors comfortable chalets with air conditioning and hot showers for a cosy stay inside the jungle. For meals, delicious local cuisine is served at the restaurant.
What to Wear
- Comfortable t-shirt (bright colours not recommended)
- Long trekking pants
- Walking shoes
What to Bring
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletries
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- Personal medication
- Leech socks
- Suggested arrival at Sandakan airport: Before 10:00AM
- Suggested departure from Sandakan airport: 1:30PM onwards
- Reusable aluminium water bottles will be given during the tour, and refilling stations will be available.
- Activities are subject to weather conditions, and may be reorganised to best meet operational situations.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, and itineraries should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- Under the regulation from Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists are required to pay a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents are exempted from the TTX and are required to present valid identification upon check-in.
- Optional add-ons are as follows:
- Rubber boots rental: RM10.60/per pair (whole stay)
- Leech socks: RM12/pair
- Binocular Rental: RM15/each
- Trekking to Oxbow lake: RM26.50/person
- Gomantong Cave visit: RM150/person
- Elephant search: RM150/person (minimum 4 persons)
- Village walk: RM35.00/person (minimum 2 persons)
- Batik painting RM45.00/person
- Private guide: RM70.0/ day
- Private river cruise (birding): RM800/boat (4 hours with guide)
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.