Borneo Jungle Trek with Mahua Waterfall Day Tour - Mount Alab
Kota Kinabalu City
Trek up the challenging Mount Alab on the Mininduk Sirung Trail and be marvelled at the diversity of plant and insect species' along the way. Hiking from mossy to tropical forests and dotted with muddy and rugged terrain in between, photo opportunities are endless! The tour will end at Mahua Waterfall, where you will get to witness nature's artwork in the form of stratified rock layers, colourful stones, and the waterfall blessed with turquoise-coloured water.
- Mount Alab Crocker Range Substation
- Mahua Waterfall
- Wilderness Mininduk Sirung Trail
DAY 1Kota Kinabalu / Mount Alab / Mininduk Sirung Trail / Mahua
- Pick up from hotel lobby and drive to Mount Alab to have an early breakfast.
Meet park ranger and guide at starting point
Register and safety briefing and Do's and Don'ts
Trek the Mininduk Sirung Trail.
Upon arrival at Mahua, have a late lunch before reporting to substation ranger.
Check out and transfer back to KK city.
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Please select your package option and preferred local operator you want to travel with.
- Dry-fit T-shirt & Trekking pants
- Good hiking / walking shoes with good grip
Things You Should Bring
- Light jacket / wind breaker
- Hiking pole / stick
- Durable raincoat / umbrella
- Leech socks
- Water bottle
- Light energy food
- First aid kit
- Small towel / Tissue paper
- Waterproof backpack
- Extra change of clothes
Things You Shoul Know
- The Mininduk Sirung trail is a wilderness trail. Please stay close with the park guide to prevent getting lost.
- The entire trail is 12.2km long. Estimated completion of the trail is 7 hours at fast pace, 9 - 10 hours at standard pace, and 12 - 14 hours at leisure pace.
- Leeches can be found along the trail so prepare leech socks.
- The trail is very slippery when raining so hike safe!
- There are no helipads along the trail so emergency evacuation will take time.
- There are only 2 shelters along the trail at the 3km and 10km mark, so a raincoat is a must when hiking!
- The following local mobile receptions (DIGI / MAXIS / CELCOM) have average line on the trail, especially on the 9km and 12km mark.
- There is no water tank along the trail to refill so please bring at least minimum of 2 litres of water.
- Before attempting this climb (or any mountain climb), it is recommended that climbers should get themselves medically checked. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you do not attempt this climb: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity, Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease that might hinder the climber.
- Do cut your toenails before the start of the tour to prevent the nails hitting the front of the shoes when descending, which will cause pain and discomfort.
Important Things to Note
- The minimum age to participate is 12 years old, and they are required to be physically fit and healthy.
- We strongly recommend that trekkers do not take their returning flights on the same day. It is safer to allocate 1 more night stay in KK city before departure.
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.ns.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sabah Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.